Friday, August 08, 2014

A Groundhog Day Meta-Moment



Earlier this week my wife, who normally stays up past my bedtime, stated she was tired and was going to bed around 9pm. I used the opportunity to catch up on some of my DVR'd shows. I got through one show, but then my bedtime was fast approaching, so I gave up on catching up, as I didn't want to fall asleep halfway through the next show. So for the consolation prize, I flipped through the guide and found 'Groundhog Day' had just started on The Sundance Channel. Love the movie, perfect to fade out to on the couch.

I probably got about 40 minutes into it (Murray kidnapped the Groundhog and headed out to the mine quarry in the old pickup truck - you know the scene). I dozed off.



I woke up at 1-something AM, looked up at the TV, and Murray was finishing his newscast, kidnapped the Groundhog in the pickup truck again, and drove out to the mine quarry. WTF? Was I having my own Groundhog Day?

Then I realized Sundance was just repeating the movie for a second time. Wonder if that Deja-Vu all over again happened to anyone else that night?

No comments: